Saturday 26 March 2011

Chinese salt, good or bad ?



The debate continues on the use of Chinese salt commonly known as Monosodium Glutamate (or Ajino moto as we say). Although we use it very regularly in our Chinese recipes, we have never given a thought on whether its good for our health or not.

Many people have been reported for side effects after eating this salt and we never give a thought to whether it really enhances the taste of our food or not. Most people add it in their food just because they think it’s a necessary element of Chinese food.  But in reality it is not. I never used it in my recipes and still get the same taste from my Chinese recipes.

Ehow gives an insight into the Effects and Side effects of using the salt.

9 comments:

  1. Chinese or not, I rarely use salt in cooking and my family doesn't even notice. They rarely use salt from the table, either.

    Thanks for joining The Blogging Buddies

    Have a great weekend!

    Carolee
    Come on home - mom blog
    Working at home advice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a very good habbit Carolee because execcessive usage of salt has so many side efects so better to use it in minimal amounts.

    Thanks for dropping in. I am really liking your blog. Good going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah you are right about Chinese salt, I had stopped using it long ago after reading about it on the internet.
    But people still use it in their cooking so you've done a great job spreading awareness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the chinese salt a lot
      And even i use it to make sause
      It has got amazing quality that can make ur food spicy and flavourous.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the comments Farrukh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this post. It Very nice article. It was a very good article. I like it. Thanks for sharing knowledge. Ask you to share good article again.

    health ecology

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the appreciation. I was away from my blog for a long time but I'll surely try to come with new things on my blog soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You could always use potassium chloride.. Sodium free salt

    ReplyDelete
  8. @christopher I am not sure of potassium chloride as havent used it ever but sodium chloride is best and by far the mostly used salt in the food.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...